It's been a while! Time for an update in the form of a list because lists make me happy. :)
1. We recently got a new member in our family and she is the sweetest little thing in the world. Her name is Nala and she's a yellow lab. She is much bigger than this picture. I need to get some new ones!
I have wanted a lab since I was small and I finally talked Justin into getting one. I'm not even sure he ever really said yes, but it was one of those things where I knew he wasn't thrilled, but he would let me do it anyway. She's definitely *all* puppy right now and loves to jump, chew, and act a fool. Aside from the normal puppy behavior, she is really very sweet and incredibly smart. We start puppy classes with her tomorrow. It should be interesting! I took her to the vet on Saturday and she was a nutcase. SO excited to see all the people and just couldn't settle down. Typically at home she's hyper, but not *that* bad. It was a little embarrassing actually. My hope is that as she's around more people and more dogs at puppy class she will begin to not get quite so out of control in new surroundings.
2. Chloe is growing so fast and is so much fun! Her favorite things to do right now are swinging, dancing to "Crasting Crowns" (yes, that's how she pronounces it), and going to gymnastics. She looks forward to gymnastics every week and is actually somewhat decent at it! I love that it's helping with her balance and coordination. She is now quite the daredevil when it comes to jumping off things!
3. At the end of April I went to doula training and it was so amazing. It was definitely a confirmation that I was born to be a doula! :) I love everything about childbirth and the idea of helping women have the births they want is something that makes my heart go wild. I had a young mom who was due to deliver on May 21st and went about a week early. I missed her birth because I was so sick I could not get out of bed. My heart was broken that I couldn't be there for her. Luckily I have an amazing back-up doula and she went to be with the mommy, but it still crushed me. I have a few more births lined up in the coming future that I'm super excited about :) I'm thinking about starting a doula blog. We'll see.
4. Justin and I have been working with the youth at church now for a few months and it's going pretty well. I feel like he's much better at all this than me, but we're learning together. It's definitely evident that the kids need a constant support system in their lives. It's really mind boggling some of the things these kids are going through and most people would never know. While we never thought we would work with youth, it has been a huge blessing and we're excited for what the future holds.
5. We're still waiting on a baby. I have kind of just quit worrying about it, but each month is still hard. I'm not sure what God has in store for our family, but I know it's all in His timing and I keep leaning on that!
That's about all I can think of for now. I'm going to try to be better about posting more often!