Wednesday, July 1, 2009

On the road to beautiful.....

So, I have decided that its time to get my mind, body, and spirit healthy again. When we first started trying to get pregnant I really tried hard to get my body healthy again and did pretty well. Then several months passed and I was tired of working towards a healthy body because quite frankly, I was mad that my body wasn't doing what I wanted it to - get pregnant.

I am tired of "not caring" anymore and am ready to feel beautiful inside and out because I'm worth it. :) Pastor Michael recently preached about God calling us into the roles we each have (spouse, parent, student, coworker, etc.) and that He wants us to be the very best we can at each of those roles He has called us to. I feel like in order to better serve others I need to really be working on myself.

I have joined the Summer Glow Boot Camp (SGBC) over at ohsheglows.com and am super excited to get started. Today is Day 1 and I'm off to do my exercises after I publish this post. Not only do I want my body to be healthy, but I want my mind and spirit to be as well. So, I have come up with some habits to work on this month and we'll see how it goes! :)

Mind: I have much peace of mind when things are done around the house and I have a plan set out. I am going to work on making weekly meal plans, doing daily chores - especially doing one load of laundry each day (this is a huge source of anxiety for me), and having tomorrow's activities for daycare planned out and ready to go the night before.

Body: Eating healthier -- I'm not going to count calories this month (which is what I have done in the past and its honestly really stressful to me). I'm just going to eat healthy and in moderation. We just moved into our new house and don't have much food here anyway so I will be buying only healthy food and snacks. Also...I'm going to try to drink a green monster each morning for breakfast (I will post a picture of one tomorrow...they're pretty!!)-- I never eat breakfast, so I know this will help with getting my body going early!! Exercise -- Im going to do the C25K at least 4 days a week along with doing the boot camp exercises. This doesn't sound like a lot, but I haven't been exercising at all so it will be a huge step in the right direction!

Spirit: I am going to work on going through the soapy journal each day - my quiet time has deifnitely been lacking lately, so I'm excited to get back into the Word.

I feel like by working on each of these parts of my life I will definitely be a much better wife and mommy to Justin and Chloe.

So, I'm officially on the road to beautiful....

No comments: